
He was moving around like crazy. We were laughing because he kept arching his back.
We went in for our regular appointment. We thought he would just listen to the heart beat and go over all of my lab work. Rush's heart rate was 148 and the Dr. said my abdomen measured perfectly. Then he said, "Let's just see if we can tell what it is." Of course, Chris and I were thrilled. Luckily, Rush was cooperating. When he said, "Oh, it's a boy." Chris and I both couldn't believe it. The reality of our little boy thriving inside of me was so exciting. Although Chris would never admit it, I think he was jumping up and down inside! He asked him..."On a scale of 1-100, how sure are you that it's a boy?" Dr. Heflin said, "90% and that's as high as I ever go." He also said he hadn't been wrong since 1997. We told him we are holding him to it. :) Rush was moving all over the place. It was hard to believe how much he has grown since the last time we saw him 9 weeks ago.
Chris has been laughing at me for the last few days because I told him I felt like I had a piece of wood in my lower abdomen. Once he saw Rush and how big he is, now he knows what I'm talking about. According to thebump.com, he should be a little over 5 inches long (crown to rump) and weighs about 5.9 oz. I have began to feel tiny little pings in my lower abs, which the Dr. said is more than likely the baby.
Everything looks great so far, but we will get a VERY in depth look at the baby and everything checked out next Wednesday when we go to a specialist in Fort Worth. Due to my heart condition I was born with, this will be the first of a series of appointments to check Rush's heart. It is all precautionary just to make sure everything looks good. We are really excited about this appointment because they will do a 3D/4D sonogram. We will be able to see our little man VERY clearly. I will post again after that appointment with our newest pictures.


No comments:
Post a Comment