Ticker

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The First 13 Weeks

Hey everyone! Just thought I would go ahead and get started early blogging about the new baby! The last 13 weeks have been so exciting. It all started on Memorial Day weekend. Although Chris thinks I was, we were not planning quite yet. We were wanting to wait a few months so the baby would come after basketball season. Well as we all know, God has his plan and we got pregnant a little early. So, back to Memorial Day weekend...I was so tired. Sunday afternoon we were napping and I woke up a little early. This great idea popped into my head that I may be pregnant. Chris was asleep on the couch, so I snuck in the bathroom and took a pregnancy test. No big deal, thought it would be negative for sure. I was taking my time, washing my hands, I saw it had read, but KNEW it would say Not Pregnant. Low and behold, I glance over and BOOM... Pregnant! I thought to myself, "Holy Cow, how do I tell Chris?" All these years, I just knew I would have some creative way to tell him I was pregnant. Well here went my creative way, haha. I went in the living room and woke him up. I said, "Are you awake? I really need you to be awake for this. We need to talk." He was obviously still a little groggy, but said, "What's wrong? Are you OK?" I responded, "Well, so I got this crazy feeling and thought maybe I should go take a pregnancy test, and it said I am pregnant!" He flew off the couch and said "HOW?" Then he woke up and I think we both started laughing. So, off we go to Wal-Mart for yet another box of test. 5 tests later, I'm still pregnant. We were a little nervous telling his Dad at first, but once he got excited, we new it was smooth sailing! I think by Wednesday of that week, pretty much everyone knew we were expecting.

Our due date is February 2, 2010. Today started my 2nd Trimester which I am super excited about. I can't believe the baby will be here in just 6 months. I hope that everyone enjoys keeping up with our adventure. The next 9 weeks should be pretty busy, we have 5 Dr's. appointments. I will keep everyone up to date on how it's going. I'm soooo ready to find out what our little bundle of joy is. Will it be a Texan or a TexAnn?

No comments:

Post a Comment